Author Topic: Black Panther Movie SPOILER THREAD  (Read 3242 times)

Online Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther Movie SPOILER THREAD
« Reply #255 on: Yesterday at 08:37:53 pm »
Every comic characte has problematic sh*t, especialky Every minority comic character out there would need fixed

They fixed falcon
They fixed cage
They fixed tchalla...  wasnt hanging aroubd 16 year old girls and there wasnt a single crack rock around or white dudes narrating.

The premise of black dude in 60s with supes power level and a genius is something a coogler type could do something with

Just have him kill the ba guy by pushing them both through some dimensional space portal and he disappears into legend

(Until tchalla finds him in black panther 4)

Hmm... fair point.
How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Online 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: Today at 12:51:17 am »
Every comic characte has problematic sh*t, especialky Every minority comic character out there would need fixed

They fixed falcon
They fixed cage
They fixed tchalla...  wasnt hanging aroubd 16 year old girls and there wasnt a single crack rock around or white dudes narrating.

The premise of black dude in 60s with supes power level and a genius is something a coogler type could do something with

Just have him kill the ba guy by pushing them both through some dimensional space portal and he disappears into legend

(Until tchalla finds him in black panther 4)

While I wouldn't say Falcon got fix perfer say ( speaking in terms of the comic & movie version, the current cartoon version if the best he's probably ever will be).. I most definitely agree ..  Just need someone closer to a Ryan C & not a TNC that's really the key defense.. Their whole bunch well meaning talented creators out here but many need up misplace on a project or ideas while well meaning more than likely end up being tone deaf, disingenuous, racist, problematic and nonsensical..
Pull List

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: Today at 03:57:44 am »
Can we make his wife not be a blue-eyed blonde white woman secret agent sent to successfully spy on him because of the believed perception of the negro's primal desire for white women?  ???

Or is that too important a detail to change?  ???

???

I'd just change it so her boss was holding her hostage. Make it so if she didn't accept his assignment that he'd expose her father because of an old grudge, bankrupt her brother, kick out her illegal migrant mother, etc..etc...

Which would cause BM's wife to be mad at him and her situation, until she accepted her lot in life. Which would add another layer to her, since she has to be undercover. It could also set her boss up as an antagonist down the line, for when BM returns.

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #258 on: Today at 05:07:00 am »
Y'all crushin my Blue Marvel idea ain't bringing anything else to the table!

Falcon is a sidekick and has no superpowers.
Cage is doing his thing in Netflix
Rhodey... let's not talk about Rhodey
Mr. Foster is in Ant-Man it seems.
Valkryie is a sidekick
Cloak is lost to freeform

You poo poo'd my Black Marvel genius idea! Imagine BM by the Dope director that wanted to make the Flash movie a BLM/police thingy!

So who is up next?

Voodoo- I don't see Marvel making Voodoo anything other than a Strange sidekick. Voodoo could work set in some backwoods south sh*t with different type of voodoo magic than Strange but we know damn well he is destined to buddyland. Mordo needs a replacement!

Nighthawk- this could work on Netflix IF IF IF they went all in and had the balls to do it. But, Netflix marvel is done for so that means disney streaming and... yeah that ain't gonna work. Nighthawk on the big screen? I just can't see it as MCU doesn't seem to want to mess with street level stuff much.

Monica- let's be honest, you would basically be taking her powerset and creating everything else around her. Basically a new character. Could just make her BM's wife/sidekick...........

Storm- hehehhehehehehehehehheheeheheheh

Racebent Moon Knight

Blade- the correct answer.

Blade leads the Midnight Sons- another correct answer- consisting of Blade, Voodoo, Morbius, Ghost Rider, and friends

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #259 on: Today at 05:13:11 am »
Coogler on why no Bucky in the movie...

"[A Bucky scene] was something that was always—it was a Shuri thing, because in our world we kind of figured that Bucky Barnes would be her assignment. We kind of drop the hint at that when they bring Ross in and she’s like, ‘Oh another one.’ So we dropped hints in there, but what we kind of decided was that her cracking his mental code, if Shuri’s as smart as she is, that wouldn’t really be a big problem.

"But Bucky would have horrible PTSD, he would need spiritual guidance. The last thing he would need to do is jump into that Civil War, and so that was kind of the thought process there. And it could be potentially problematic if it’s a bunch of Africans fighting and you bring in a White dude, he comes in shootin’ people (laughs). We were aware of that. Bucky’s not trained to neutralize people peacefully, he’s an assassin…"

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: Today at 05:19:45 am »

"[A Bucky scene] was something that was always—it was a Shuri thing, because in our world we kind of figured that Bucky Barnes would be her assignment. We kind of drop the hint at that when they bring Ross in and she’s like, ‘Oh another one.’ So we dropped hints in there, but what we kind of decided was that her cracking his mental code, if Shuri’s as smart as she is, that wouldn’t really be a big problem.

"But Bucky would have horrible PTSD, he would need spiritual guidance. The last thing he would need to do is jump into that Civil War, and so that was kind of the thought process there. And it could be potentially problematic if it’s a bunch of Africans fighting and you bring in a White dude, he comes in shootin’ people (laughs). We were aware of that. Bucky’s not trained to neutralize people peacefully, he’s an assassin…"

So a co-worker went to see the movie (loved it), but asked me:

He and his group that saw the movie were wondering if that last scene was indicating something romantic between Bucky and Shuri.  (I have to admit that thought passed through my head too for a moment.)

Anyone else wondered that?

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #261 on: Today at 05:23:46 am »

So a co-worker went to see the movie (loved it), but asked me:

He and his group that saw the movie were wondering if that last scene was indicating something romantic between Bucky and Shuri.  (I have to admit that thought passed through my head too for a moment.)

Anyone else wondered that?

Absolutely not.

She's 16.. he is 30+ going on 90 lol

She is his doctor and therapist and bucky is her really interesting science project basically. I doubt she gets to rewire an international assasin's brain very often lol

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Today at 05:33:56 am »
Once, twice a week, tops. :)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: Today at 06:07:54 am »
Shuri's 16? Where was that said?
« Last Edit: Today at 06:10:45 am by KIP LEWIS »

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Today at 06:10:48 am »

Online Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: Today at 06:27:09 am »
http://news.abs-cbn.com/life/02/21/18/black-panther-toy-sales-fierce-as-film-opens-big

'Black Panther' toy sales fierce as film opens big

NEW YORK -- Panther claws, masks and action figures are leaping off store shelves after runaway hit "Black Panther" -- the first film in the Marvel universe focused on a black superhero -- shredded box office expectations with a massive opening weekend.

Toys and accessories linked to the movie, which is also making waves for its strong black female leading roles, have the potential to become an enduring presence in stores, like Spider-Man and other iconic figures, company executives say.

Toy tie-ins are a crucial profit driver for movie studios, even if each merchandise opportunity is not massively successful, experts say.

"It is a huge opportunity," John Frascotti, president of US toy giant Hasbro, told AFP on the sidelines of the giant Toy Fair trade show in New York.

"We're still in the early days of this, but it certainly has all the indications that it could be over time as successful" as other major franchises in terms of staying power, he said.

The movie pulled in an impressive $242 million in its opening weekend, a record for this time of year following strong reviews.
"It's just surpassed expectations," said Mark Robben, marketing director for Funko, which sells Black Panther bobble heads, plush dolls and fashion.

"It's an important movie culturally," Robben said. "That is then translated into people wanting to own a piece of it for their desk or for a t-shirt they're wearing."

The film has generated huge enthusiasm within the black community, but also more broadly -- many see the strong opening weekend as a sign that audiences will embrace heroes that don't fit the cookie cutter model if the story is well told.

"I think it's filling a void, it's serving a need and it will sell accordingly, and not just with African Americans," said Kimberly Mosley, president of the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association.

People "are looking for a hero," she said.

Well this is nice.

Toys don't always boom

"Black Panther" comes less than a year after "Wonder Woman," another big superhero movie that went against the grain, and upended the long-held idea that a female superhero couldn't attract a large audience.

But while "Wonder Woman" did well in theaters, the film's toys -- made by Mattel -- were not especially hot sellers.

"There's been a trend around movie franchises and not all of them are seeing the uptick in toy sales that they used to see," said Michelle Chidoni, vice president of global brand communications at Mattel.

Chidoni said the Wonder Woman offerings in its "Super Hero Girls" series performed well. The character's long-term value had been enhanced by the movie and further boosted by the availability of the movie on streaming services.

"The toy doesn't always perform with the theatrical release like it used to," she said. "Sometimes it's now performing better when it goes on Netflix, or when it streams, when it's more available to the mass consumer."

Hasbro came under scrutiny in the most recent quarter after reporting a steep drop in fourth-quarter revenues connected to its movie licensing business that raised questions about whether the "Star Wars" juggernaut was losing its luster.

But Frascotti said the figures for merchandise linked to last year's "The Last Jedi" looked worse by comparison because the company launched the tie-in products early.

That strategy had made sense in 2015 with "The Force Awakens," given the significant anticipation for the first big release in the franchise in many years.

Frascotti said "Star Wars" nevertheless remains "very strong," and the most sought after franchise in entertainment, and that the company would release toys with a shorter lead time ahead of future movies.

This is interesting.

Broad appeal

With "Black Panther," Hasbro unveiled a significant line of products about six weeks ahead of the movie's premiere and plans more items, such as a collector's black mask on display at Toy Fair.

The current slate of offerings come at different price points, with more affordable and durable models geared towards kids and more detailed figures targeting collectors.

Frascotti expects "Black Panther" items to sell widely, irrespective of race or gender.

"Kids today don't see the world along those lines as much as adults do," he said. "When you look at the world through the eyes of the young kids who love these characters, I don't think color or gender is as big an issue."

He noted that "Star Wars" characters like Rey, the intrepid female protagonist introduced in "The Force Awakens," has sold well with boys and girls.

The release of new items will be timed to coincide with the film's launch on streaming platforms or the holidays. Frascotti said those could be supplemented at other times, such as back to school, depending on demand.

This will be book marked for future follow up

Online Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: Today at 06:37:05 am »
Y'all crushin my Blue Marvel idea ain't bringing anything else to the table!

Falcon is a sidekick and has no superpowers.
Cage is doing his thing in Netflix
Rhodey... let's not talk about Rhodey
Mr. Foster is in Ant-Man it seems.
Valkryie is a sidekick
Cloak is lost to freeform

You poo poo'd my Black Marvel genius idea! Imagine BM by the Dope director that wanted to make the Flash movie a BLM/police thingy!

So who is up next?

Voodoo- I don't see Marvel making Voodoo anything other than a Strange sidekick. Voodoo could work set in some backwoods south sh*t with different type of voodoo magic than Strange but we know damn well he is destined to buddyland. Mordo needs a replacement!

Nighthawk- this could work on Netflix IF IF IF they went all in and had the balls to do it. But, Netflix marvel is done for so that means disney streaming and... yeah that ain't gonna work. Nighthawk on the big screen? I just can't see it as MCU doesn't seem to want to mess with street level stuff much.

Monica- let's be honest, you would basically be taking her powerset and creating everything else around her. Basically a new character. Could just make her BM's wife/sidekick...........

Storm- hehehhehehehehehehehheheeheheheh

Racebent Moon Knight

Blade- the correct answer.

Blade leads the Midnight Sons- another correct answer- consisting of Blade, Voodoo, Morbius, Ghost Rider, and friends

Captain Universe, of course ;)

Pie sales would go through the roof.  Pumpkin pie, apple pie, blueberry pie..

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #267 on: Today at 06:38:47 am »
WW kinda f*cked up because there were no toys for boys to buy. WW came from an island of woman, Trevor had no powers, and Ares looked stupid AF lol

I mean, that can't really be said in "BOYS CAN PLAY WITH GIRLS TOYS TOO!!!" twitter world but......

I have two boys and they don't have nor want a single girl action figure. or car. I have boxes and boxes of toys and the only girls in those boxes are Owelette from PJ Mask (there are only three so you get to girl to complete the trio... and none of them run around the house pretending they are owellete), Skye and Artic from paw patrol, and a potato head black widow that an aunt gave them (played with less than potato head Cap and IM).

BP, in comparison, gave options to both boys and girls. and Rhinos. And a Panther transformer that turns into a jet.

And, likely important as well... t'challa can be completely covered in outfit. Remember when Peter Parker fans say one of the reasons they love peter is that he is completely covered and anyone could be under that mask including them? Have they been around to state that same logic for BP or.....

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #268 on: Today at 06:39:47 am »

Captain Universe, of course ;)

Pie sales would go through the roof.  Pumpkin pie, apple pie, blueberry pie..

Man, I wish I could have edited Hickman's run lol

"ok and I have a walking deus ex machina with no development other than pie"

"take it out now" lol