Author Topic: The Vision.  (Read 20484 times)

Offline John W

• View Profile
Re: The Vision.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 03:16:05 pm »
A Great hero is defined by his villians. The Panther doesn't have his equivelents to Dr. Doom, the Red Skull, or Magneto. Instead he's got a guy wearing a white gorilla fur. I don't even know that loser's name, but he will never be seen inside the pages of the book I write.

So glad that Reggie back-tracked on that idea.

Offline houseslug

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 07:33:43 pm »
(I wonder if the Black Panther Party in Oakland had gotten famous first, would Stan have used the name anyway? Well, he didn't change it, so double-Kudos to him!)

Be that as it may, I do feel a couple points should be noted.
First, Jack Kirby's originally proposed name was the Coal Tiger.
Second, Roy Thomas did briefly change the Black Panther's title during his run:
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2006/03/09/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-41/
This actually makes sense to me from a storytelling perspective; as the leader of an entire nation, T'Challa probably wouldn't want a perceived link to exist between his country and a foreign political party, and I doubt everyone in Wakanda speaks English, so both Black Panther and Black Leopard would be translations of the original Wakandan term for the king, whatever that may be.

Still, glad they changed it back.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 07:56:18 pm »
even though you're named after the ingominous house slug,I like this post.Please keep it up.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 01:40:07 am »
Yes, welcome Houseslug. Try not to leave a mess. ;D

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 12:13:56 pm »
I absolutely love this VISION thread.I go back and re-read it and sail off into geekland as I imagine what BP would be like in the real world.It keeps me motivated and inspires me in my own life,my own ever evolving pursuit of self-perfection.Love this,RH...for real and seriously.Never dilute the whoop-assery of BP for ANY REASON,big dawg.Keep pissin em all off,and keep BP top notch A-LEVEL with the heroics and more.Can't wait to see what other fly ish you got cooked up.Outro...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline wktf

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 03:48:53 pm »
Reggie, just curious.  After saying the Man-Ape would never be seen in your comic he did, actually, appear in the issue with T'Challa and Ororo's wedding.  What caused you to put him in the book after all?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 09:51:39 pm »
Reggie, just curious.  After saying the Man-Ape would never be seen in your comic he did, actually, appear in the issue with T'Challa and Ororo's wedding.  What caused you to put him in the book after all?

I figured out a good way to use him.  I could never take him serious as a real threat to T'Challa, so then I decided to go in the other direction and it made sense for him to be at the wedding so it all came together perfect for me. 

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 09:03:19 am »
I understand what priest was trying to do  with man-ape and he did it well. I can and never will get over a big black man in a gorilla costume. >:(

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 07:23:48 am »
I understand what priest was trying to do  with man-ape and he did it well. I can and never will get over a big black man in a gorilla costume. >:(

Look at the bright side (if there is one)...at least the big black man didn't gain the physical characteristics of a gorilla after he "bathed in the blood and ate the flesh of the Great White Gorilla"!  And while I'm on that tip...since gorillas are so close to humans...why didn't he turn into a Gorilli-Go...like the Wendigo.  Would a gorilla turn into one if they ate the gorilla?  Hmmm....;D

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 05:52:38 pm »
I was happy to see Princess Zanda show up during the lead-up to the wedding issue.  But what I'd really like to see is her be developed into a real, dangerous threat to the Panther and Wakanda.  The country she's deposed from -- Narobia I think is the name -- is supposed to be a neighboring country to Wakanda.  How about she stages a coup and regains the crown?

A year or so ago, DC put out a book entitled VILLAINS UNITED where the writer took one of the lamest villains every created -- a character named Catman -- and reinvented him into an interesting and formidable character.  Geoff Johns did the same thing with the Flash's Rogue's Gallery.  I don't see why the same thing can't be done with the villains from the McGregor run.  Lame characters don't have to remain lame.  All they need is someone with a fresh take on them to make them interesting.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »
Co-signage.  And bring back Kilmonger too.

Offline BlueDMighty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 01:58:59 pm »
AGREED. A Killmonger vs. BP with RH behind the keys would be FLAME.

I'm foamin at the mouth to see what will happen with the Canible.

Offline BlueDMighty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 09:35:19 am »
I cant wait. it's 12:31 and I got 2 hours till i get my hands on the new BP.

I didn't look at any previews or spoilers his time, so every page and bubble will be AWESOME ;D

On another note Mr. Hudlin,

Is there a possibility that we could get some African Mythological characters itrodduced int the MU through your book?

It was brought up in another thread and I thought that it might be really cool.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 12:23:19 pm »
I wouldn't mind seeing some covers from Marko Djurdjevic...
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 11:37:59 am »
Klaw is back.....BP is up for a fight now!!!!!!!!