Author Topic: Forum Requests  (Read 87610 times)

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Re: Forum Requests
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 01:15:52 am »
I would love to see a VS. area, to pit our favorite heroes and villians against one another.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 07:29:38 am »
I would love to see a VS. area, to pit our favorite heroes and villians against one another.
We can start those threads out on the current comics boards.  If we get a critical mass of them, I'll put them all together in a new board.  How's that?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 07:43:01 am »
We can start those threads out on the current comics boards.  If we get a critical mass of them, I'll put them all together in a new board.  How's that?
That's why he's the admin.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Jenn

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 09:05:18 am »
Where the white women at!?

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 01:57:21 pm »
What happened to my lil star? sheesh 1500 post, I don't even have 50 yet.. I'm still bummed out about finally get to 50 on the other HEF right before it was hacked! Damn! * what is that thing anyway, What? now I'm just a fricking asterisk? LMAO!~  ********

Well I guess being a asterisk is better then being an ass. :)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 04:06:03 pm »
Just a little grade deflation.  Four more posts to get your star back, Goat.  What's it all about?  Hint: keep your eye on Wise Son.

michaelintp

Re: Forum Requests -- Don't Make Too Many Subsections
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 05:01:28 pm »
Just a quick thought though ... about the "subsections" within categories of the forum -- if you have toooo many, it becomes more time consuming to navigate to see what's been newly posted.  Have to go to 3, 4, 5, .. 10(?) subsections to check out what you originally had to go to just one section to see.  So my suggestion would be not to create a whole lot more subsections within the broader categories of the Forum.  Those broad categories are good enough to tell the viewer the tenor of what to expect in the category (movies, music, politics, general stuff, etc.).   Anyways, that's my two cents.   ;D

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 04:20:17 am »
Just a little grade deflation.  Four more posts to get your star back, Goat.  What's it all about?  Hint: keep your eye on Wise Son.
And they told me I was paranoid! I knew I was being watched!

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Requests -- Don't Make Too Many Subsections
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 04:48:38 am »
Just a quick thought though ... about the "subsections" within categories of the forum -- if you have toooo many, it becomes more time consuming to navigate to see what's been newly posted.  Have to go to 3, 4, 5, .. 10(?) subsections to check out what you originally had to go to just one section to see.  So my suggestion would be not to create a whole lot more subsections within the broader categories of the Forum.  Those broad categories are good enough to tell the viewer the tenor of what to expect in the category (movies, music, politics, general stuff, etc.).   Anyways, that's my two cents.   ;D
There is a trade-off between being able to find a thread (assuming it's on the "correct" board) and having too many boards to look through.  Right now, we have 7 categories and 12 boards. 

Do you all have any suggestions for which boards to remove / merge?  It seems to me that we could merge the Spider-Man board into the Other Comics board.  What about the new Hard Choices and In The News boards?  Keep them or merge them back into General Discussion?  Other suggestions?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 05:10:09 am »
Yeah, merge Spidey.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 07:11:05 am »
Yeah, merge Spidey.
Aye, aye.  Done.
So now we have 11 boards in 7 categories.  Other suggestions / thoughts on board organization?

michaelintp

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 07:19:07 am »
Bye Bye Spidey.  (Reginald hasn't done his Spidey for quite some time now ... which is too bad for all of us).

I kinda think the "in the news" isn't needed, because we used to just talk about non-political stuff in the news in the general section anyway, which seemed right to me. 

I think the "hard choices" one does make sense, because there seems to be so many of 'em and it is a genre all to itself.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 06:35:13 pm »
Marvelous, will you be adding more titles names for member who have X amount of post (1000 or more)?  We have some people who are reaching the mark.

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 07:04:44 pm »
I would like someone to bring me a steak sandwhich.  And an orange Fanta.  Word...

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 07:06:49 pm »
I would like someone to bring me a steak sandwhich.  And an orange Fanta.  Word...

I got your sandwitch, bring me a BBQ chicken pizza w/ a 2lt of diet sierra mist.