Author Topic: Forum Requests  (Read 71236 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
To add a hyperlink / URL to a post
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2009, 09:24:35 am »
To make a hyperlink, i.e. text that takes you to a web page when you click it, do the following:

1. type and highlight your text
2. click the Insert Hyperlink button (2nd row, 3rd from the left, just below the Underline button)
3. your text is now surrounded by url /url tags in brackets []. Modify the leading one as follows: [url=http://www.website.com

*add the part in red

Here's a link to Hudlin Entertainment.
You can hit quote on this message to see how this example works.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:20:25 am by Curtis Metcalf »
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Jenn

Request: SEX FORUM!!!
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2010, 08:33:23 pm »
Can we pleeeeeeeeease have a sex forum? Maybe one that's Honorary Wakandans only and password protected? Or you can only access it if you've been here long enough and/or have enough posts? B/c we don't want people coming in and making, say, 50 posts in a week just to see me asking about that whole taint thing that y'all menz love so much (OMG NO HOMO CUZ I AIN'T GAY NUCCA)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Requests
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2010, 06:22:19 am »
Was just wondering.....is there a way to set up IMing here?
That would be kind'a cool, I reckon.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2010, 12:00:50 pm »
Was just wondering.....is there a way to set up IMing here?
That would be kind'a cool, I reckon.

I agree, that would be pretty cool

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2010, 02:14:28 pm »
Hi folks,

Just added a couple of new boards under the How Ya Livin' section:
Kids & Family
Technology

I moved a couple of old threads to the Technology section. Are there some more that need relocating to either board?
Let me know...

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2010, 03:51:09 pm »
I love the shift! 

It's HEF streamlining at its best! ;D

michaelintp

« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2011, 09:14:57 am »
Shouldn't we have a subsection in the Forum to discuss books???

We have sections for comic books (only), for movies, for show business, for politics, for sports, etc ... but NOT A SECTION FOR BOOKS. Regular ol' books. I'm sure from time to time some of us would like to share thoughts we have about books we have read. Don't need to be "new releases" ... just books that we happened to pick up ... fiction and nonfiction. 

If we find a fun or interesting book, others might like to know about it.

I know there is the thread "What are we reading" but the problem with that is that it doesn't really allow extensive discussion of one book at a time, because every book and every comment on every book get all meshed together. Would be better, in my view, if we had a separate section of the Forum for books, so that members could look at a specific thread that discusses a single book. Just as we do for movies, etc. That way, later on, one could scan the "Books" section of the Forum from time to time, see the titles that sound interesting, read 'em, and discuss 'em.

Just a thought. :)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2011, 05:09:59 am »
Shouldn't we have a subsection in the Forum to discuss books???

We have sections for comic books (only), for movies, for show business, for politics, for sports, etc ... but NOT A SECTION FOR BOOKS. Regular ol' books. I'm sure from time to time some of us would like to share thoughts we have about books we have read. Don't need to be "new releases" ... just books that we happened to pick up ... fiction and nonfiction. 

If we find a fun or interesting book, others might like to know about it.

I know there is the thread "What are we reading" but the problem with that is that it doesn't really allow extensive discussion of one book at a time, because every book and every comment on every book get all meshed together. Would be better, in my view, if we had a separate section of the Forum for books, so that members could look at a specific thread that discusses a single book. Just as we do for movies, etc. That way, later on, one could scan the "Books" section of the Forum from time to time, see the titles that sound interesting, read 'em, and discuss 'em.

Just a thought. :)

Second
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

michaelintp

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2011, 07:53:28 pm »
... so I wonder if a "Books" section will be created on the Forum? With me and Magic Wand expressing total agreement, there is good reason to believe that the idea has broad-based support.   ;D

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2011, 08:20:55 pm »
... so I wonder if a "Books" section will be created on the Forum? With me and Magic Wand expressing total agreement, there is good reason to believe that the idea has broad-based support.   ;D

A Books section is a horrible idea and if you create it I will leave this forum,

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2011, 08:21:16 pm »
Just kidding....I blame the wine.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2011, 03:13:52 am »
A Books section is a horrible idea and if you create it I will leave this forum,

THANK YOU!   :D
I thought that was a really bad idea the second I read it but I  didn't want to be rude by treading onto michaelintp's suggestion...

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2011, 06:41:25 am »
Book section--I like the idea too.

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2011, 02:12:35 pm »
A book section? sounds good. We tend to do alot reading and sometimes you never know whats out there or may be of interest to you until you see it or hear it about from someone you "trust"

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2011, 02:18:55 pm »

O ye of little faith...

Ask, and ye shall receive. Ye have not, Because ye ask not...

Oh, wait. You did ask. Never mind.  ;)
Do check out the brand new Books Board in the How Ya Livin' section. I moved the What are we reading? thread in there to kick things off.