Author Topic: Brian Bendis To Take Over The X-Men Books  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Brian Bendis To Take Over The X-Men Books
« on: February 25, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
YEEAAAAAAA !  ! ! ! !

I don't know about you HEF'fas (yea I do) but this is gonna be the ISH BABY!!

Get your glasses of Hater-Ade with "X-Tra" Sugah, HEF!!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/24/brian-bendis-to-take-over-the-x-men-books/

We know that Avengers Vs X-Men is meant to have some major changes for the Marvel Universe. Honest, this time. Well, this looks like the first of them.

After Avengers Vs X-Men, we know Brian Bendis is bringing to a close his writing and showrunning of the Avengers comics for Marvel. But what next for their golden child?

Ive been told by a number of industry sources only one thing. That hell be taking over the X-Men books.

Brian Bendis came to the Avengers books with the Avengers Dissassembled storyline that saw the Scarlet Witch take the team apart and then the world itself in House Of M. Relaunching as The New Avengers, the book would then split in two, in three, before spearheading the Secret Invasion storyline. And with The Ultron War now coming, with Bryan Hitch and Avengers Vs X-Men, its time for Brian Bendis himself to switch sides.

Marvel are expected to perform some form of Marvel relaunch, possibly as a wave rather than a DC All-In-One and one could also argue that Marvel have been doing that for the past couple of years anyway. But Brian Bendis will be the writer of the X-Men titles, in the same way that he writes Avengers and New Avengers now.

I wonder if hell be bringing Scarlet Witch with him?

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
Re: Brian Bendis To Take Over The X-Men Books
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »
DEAR GOD!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

They're finally starting to get good and BENDIS gets on??!!

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »
How long til Spider-Man and Luke Cage join the X-Men?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »

What's Jessica's story, how she get her powers.  And if the baby has some powers he's definitely a mutant.

This is THE best thing to happen to the X-Men since 200 issues ago!  HaHAAAAA!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 05:51:25 PM »
Hopefully he won't f@#$ with what Aaron is doing on Wolverine & The X-Men..

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
Hmm.. We'll see what happens.  When does the A vs. X storylines end?
I'd love it if Mr. Reggie got to write at least one X-Men ongoing title (with Storm as leader.)

I'm not sure what a Marvel re-launch would involve.  If I was on the editorial panel, I wouldn't vote for it.  Might as well move forward with "what is", than to do a Crisis style revamp from scratch (and of course in the DCNu, they didn't really do it quite that way, with Batman, Green Lantern, etc.)  They should bring in more racially diverse writers and artists.  Create more ethnically diverse characters, especially protagonists.  Start new characters in their own books from the get-go, like Spider-Man, X-Men, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Hulk and more were in the 1960s and like Ms. Marvel, Nova, Luke Cage, etc., were started up back in the 70s.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »

What's Jessica's story, how she get her powers.  And if the baby has some powers he's definitely a mutant.

Oh god, Bendis's fan fiction will never end :(

Now Cristos Gage on the X-Men would be make me pick these books up again.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »

Oh god, Bendis's fan fiction will never end :(

Now Cristos Gage on the X-Men would be make me pick these books up again.

Come on J-Man, I remember when you dropped the titles.  Do I need to send you the first Bendis issue, just say the word, bro!   ;D

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 05:38:24 AM »
I'm just glad he's off the Avengers.  He's been on the title too long; because the last few months have felt like "been there, done that." 

His run might have been better without crossovers.  During SI and at least one other series, the title just tredded water until the crossover ended.  SI was the worse, because the Avengers barely appeared in the Avengers.  It was all Skrull backstories.

few times he started something realy interesting, then it crashed into crossover and energy never returned.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 07:29:57 AM »
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA X-men fans will have fits.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:30 AM »
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA X-men fans will have fits.

Tell me about it, they are gonna hate it but these fans are the same one bitchin about it every week here.  The titles has been dropping of the pull lists steadily for years.  Personally Im looking forward to it cause I can't see it get any worse and of course BENDIS IS THE ISH!!

Hell, I have customers bitch about his Avengers every week but they pick up every one of his issues...go figure huh... ;D

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 01:17:34 PM »
I'm a big Bendis fan but the X franchises haven't interested me much with king Cyclops running things (Namor taking orders from Scott Summers, really?).

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »
(Namor taking orders from Scott Summers, really?).

Anyone else find it weird that long time Avenger Namor is fighting with the X-Men in the upcoming series.  I know he's been hanging with them for a while but still seems a little odd to me.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 08:32:24 PM »
(Namor taking orders from Scott Summers, really?).

Anyone else find it weird that long time Avenger Namor is fighting with the X-Men in the upcoming series.  I know he's been hanging with them for a while but still seems a little odd to me.

I hear ya man, what about freakin Beast in Secret Avengers going up against the X-Men.  Beast...a FOUNDING member of the Xs!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 03:23:54 AM »
Tell me about it, they are gonna hate it but these fans are the same one bitchin about it every week here.  The titles has been dropping of the pull lists steadily for years.  Personally Im looking forward to it cause I can't see it get any worse and of course BENDIS IS THE ISH!!

Hell, I have customers bitch about his Avengers every week but they pick up every one of his issues...go figure huh... ;D
Well I just find these fans laughable at best. Many of them are selfish and are pissed that the MU doesnt revolve around mutant problems anymore (and they should) and haven't been relevant for 10 years if not more.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:17:12 PM by BmoreAkuma »
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.