Author Topic: Rumour: Marvel Are Considering Chad Boseman For The Role Of Black Panther  (Read 317 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX

Last month, a few tweets from Morris Chestnut made it pretty clear that Marvel were busy hunting a Black Panther. That particularly trail seems to have gone cold, however, with Chestnutís loose lips fingers probably hurting his chances of winning the role.

We donít know if the studio are looking to make a standalone film with the character just yet, or if heíll be back-up in another feature, but itís pretty clear that the casting process is underway.

And so, with no small amount of inevitability, the rumours have started multiplying.

Tonightís tattle is that Marvel have 42Ďs Chad Boseman in pole position. Itís true, as Latino Review note, that Boseman is very much an up and comer and 42 is still smashing it at the US box-office. I imagine Boseman is suddenly on a lot of want lists. Good for him.

We donít know how many actors Marvel are interested in for the role of TíChalla, the Black Panther, or if theyíve met any of these actors. Nor do we know if Boseman would actually want this part if they offered it to him Ė as varied and typically talented the cast in Marvels movies has been, Iím sure theyíre not an irresistible proposition for everybody, and Boseman is also a playwright and director with wider interests.

My best guess is that Black Panther will be featured in the next Avengers movie. Thatís scheduled to get rolling just about ten months from now, so it could be a good while before we hear any castingÖ unlessÖ wellÖ

Somebody did tell me a crazy rumour the other dayÖ something that sounded a bit pie-in-the-sky. Iím following it up, and Iíll let you know if I get anything solid on it.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I won't believe they are making a BP movie until I'm actually sitting in the theatre watching it. Maybe he'll appear in Avengers 2, though.

Offline JRCarter

• View Profile
From first Black player in Major League baseball to first Black superhero...it'd be a nice transition.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Love, Peace & Soul!
    • View Profile
    • Ol' School Media
From first Black player in Major League baseball to first Black superhero...it'd be a nice transition.

Agreed.

Offline The_Scribe

• Don't Shoot The Messenger
    • View Profile
It would be an artistic shame not to use a real African with a good reputation. 

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
I like Chad. I plan to marry Chad. But Black Panther, he ain't.
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX