Author Topic: the best running backs in NFL history?  (Read 15915 times)

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: the best running backs in NFL history?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2006, 10:43:08 am »
I know he has a business and is sucessful, and is also pulling it in as a motivational speaker...

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2006, 02:36:36 pm »
I liked Bo, Sammy, Eddie George reminded me of Bo back in the day --two big, strong guys but for some reason or another were just injury prone.

This guy is just a gem, on the field and off -- I really admire this cat's game... Warrick Dunn. I hope to meet him someday. Cool dude. 8)

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2006, 03:03:04 pm »
bo was a beast i put him in perspective best by how his boy howie long described him when he trucked the boz on mnf howie said "all i could see going down the sidelines was thighs and ass...thighs and ass" lol :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 06:44:16 pm by bluezulu »

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 03:04:29 pm »
how do we think reggie bush is going to do this year.

i think we will see flashes of brilliance but he is best used with a whole team of weapons. and while the saints are aight they need a year or two. im going to be afraid of seeing them twice a year in the nfc south.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 05:35:58 pm »
how do we think reggie bush is going to do this year.

i think we will see flashes of brilliance but he is best used with a whole team of weapons. and while the saints are aight they need a year or two. im going to be afraid of seeing them twice a year in the nfc south.

That sounds about right to me.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 09:35:02 pm »
Well, as usual any new college back needs mentors when they first step into the NFL. Same goes for Reg, you can have all the talent in the world but overconfidence and whatnot can really mess a player up. Terrell Owens is one of the greatest backs to play the NFL but, that can be diminished by the lack of respect he gets.

The most we can do, is sit back and see. I'm a big American Football fan, so I'll definitely be watching.

...Rassclaat.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 12:01:09 pm »
Redskins played pre season opener last night and clinton portis is hurt with a dislocated shoulder don't know how long he out for but this hurts the team in a major way

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 03:36:22 pm »
damn reggie bush looks faster then everybody on the field in the nfl to. sh*t the falcons got to see this dude twice a year.

Offline Sinister8578

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2006, 11:36:07 am »
Top 5:
1. Jim Brown
2. Barry Sanders
3. Walter Payton
4. Marshall Faulk
5. Bo Jackson/Gale Sayers/Tony D/Eric Dickerson

As far as Marshall benefitting from the Rams offense. If you were to ask Bill Belicheck(Patriots), he saw that the offense wasn't really that spectacular outside of Marshall. His entire gameplan in the Super Bowl was to put a stop to Marshall. As far as Bo goes, I agree with Jim Brown, that if Bo had focused on football solely, he would have been a legitimate top 5 RB. Gale just got crappy luck.

I still don't think that Reggie Bush's style will translate to the NFL over a long haul. Will he be explosive? As long as Deuce is there. His style, which everyone remarks on his 44 yarder in the PRESEASON. Was that he was caught from behind pretty easily against 2nd stringers on the Titans. Think about it. If he averages 20/touches a game......I don't think he'll last the season. Contrast this with my opinion of Warrick Dunn. He's buff as hell and is veryu underused. Also I guarantee he's faster than Bush.