Author Topic: ROLL CALL!  (Read 5773 times)

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
ROLL CALL!
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:21:34 am »
We are feeling a great and positive VIBE back on HEF.  It would be fitting, once again, to call out a ROLL CALL and give a shout out about yourself.  For those who are new to the board, holla back at us.  The vets, we know the drill so let's drop the 411:

Zulu801
Blackman born and raised in Chi-town born (and will die here.  Love the CHI)
35 yrs old
married for 18 yrs to HS sweatheart w/ 2 daughters (15yrs old & 14yrs old)
non-smoker
BMW (Black Man Working, ya thought I was talking about the car... gotcha )
athletic booster club member at HS
Italian food lover
hip hop fan (not rap)
OL SKOOL MUSIC ROR LIFE

Black Panther supporter for life.  Like Ruff Ryder motto, "Ryde or Die"  I will ride with full support of BP and die at my post supporting and defending BP.  (aint no HEF FOI Mod, but I got my suit, bow tie, lapel pin and BP comics (priest and RH) to showcase!. 

you can keep your RC short or long, just holla back!

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL CALL!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 09:03:50 am »
Toya.
...Rassclaat.

GrimSkill

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 09:49:28 am »
Toya.

OMG your name is Toya!?!?! :o :o :o :o

I Never would have Guessed!!?!  ::)

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 10:09:46 am »
Toya.
My gosh, Toya, don't talk so much honey-I hate it when a lady runs off at the mouth. 

I mean it now-Shhh!

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 10:48:57 am »
Now... Am I the only one who finds it ironic you make fun of her for not telling you about herself... but you don't do so, either?

Name: Lion

Why?: I'm a Leo. My favorite animals are lions. I even collect stuffed lions.

Ethnic: Black man with some obvious amalgamation and miscegenation in the family tree. (Hey... I doubt anyone's ancestors all came from Africa...)

Age: Twenty-nine. I'm getting old. I'm even finding grey hairs in my beard.

Where: o-high-er

Marital Status: Single. No way in hell can I afford a wife, much less kids.

Vices: No tobacco. No alcohol. I won't even take aspirin. I suppose some might argue that I'm hopelessly addicted to food...

Food: Italian and Chinese are my favorite.

Music: Jazz, Classical, old school R&B

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 10:59:40 am »
karaszero: former marine sgt. now disabled veteran volunteering my services for charities locally. Favorite Food? ANY good food but I am fond of chicken! Age: 45 Car: 74 BMW 2002Tii I am trying to restore it. Oh and also a LEO 

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 11:01:57 am »
Ok, OK.

Mr.Wright (just so happens to be my name)
Scorpio
Black w/a bit of German & Native American
Killa Cali (IE)
Married
2 Daughters (8 & 1)
Forensic Mental Health Worker

I'm also a(n):
Aspiring Screenwriter, Occassional Beer Drinker, Motorcycle Rider, Movie Watcher, Old-School Rap Listener, and Good Cheeseburger Appreciater

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 03:12:36 pm »
Sam Wilson, 300lb fried chicken eatin' brother,

Married

31 years old

Former bouncer, cop, social worker and present schoolteacher in ATL.

Loves: Comic books, original comic art, comic statues, action figures, sci fi

Kung Fu movies, etc...

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 03:36:31 pm »
Name: Marvelous

Why?: Was a big Marvel fan back in the day.

Ethnic: Black, but if you shake my family tree you'll get Irish, Native American(the REAL americans), German and English.

Where: Texas

Marital Status: Single.

Vices: Not a drinker, never to drugs, and no smokin.

Occupation: About to buy the comic store I work at.  Will let ya know in about a month.  :-X

Food: Mother's cookin...I love you.  :'(

Music: Soul, R&B, Reggae

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 05:00:34 pm »
Marvelous is going to be an owner of a comic store.  Congrats on your current endeavor.  This is "marvelous" news.  hint, hint.... can a brotha get a hooked up all the way from chitown?  j/k 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 05:07:14 pm by zulu801 »

Offline sharcque

• I'm kinda old, but chicks still dig me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 05:16:05 pm »
Ok...I'll go:

Sharcque - Real name:  Terry.  Back in the mid/late 90s, I used to be "Shark" b/c my friends called me that b/c they said I was a pool shark.  Trying to sign up anywhere with the name "Shark" became increasingly difficult as the years went by, b/c of so many others using the name, so I eventually changed the spelling.

39 years old, but chicks still dig me.  :D

White, I guess.....(I ain't white!), but I was raised black!   ;D   1/2 Italian, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Choctaw Indian

Don't smoke, drink very little, no drugs.  I'm hyper enough as it is, I don't need any help.

I work at the world's largest inbound telemarketing company.  INbound = we take the calls, we don't call you and bug you.  We take calls for just about every 1-800 number on tv selling something.  Time Life music, Natural Cures book, the Rotisserie thingamajig, Extenze penis enlrger pills, you name it, we take calls for it.  I'm an overnight supervisor in the QA department, and I'm also the resident joker at work.  I work right down the street from Marvelous's store, who, it turns out, is also one of my best friends.  I met him when I was in 7th grade and he was in the 6th grade.

Comics, obviously, are a huge passion.  I read a lot of them.  A LOT!  Big BP fan.  Huge Rob Liefeld fan.  Got to meet the guy at WW Texas, and he took me & my lady out to eat the first night there.  Told us lotsa funny, interesting early Image days stories.

Food:  Mexican & Italian.

Music:  anything but elevator music.

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 05:23:17 pm »
Goat. It's from a 1969 Lemans GTO I owned for about 20 years. They called GTO's: Goat's, and so there it is.

I'm Cajun, but only half from my Father. My mother was half Native American, (Sioux) and half Irish. With that blood mix it's a wonder I don't go on a damn rampage!!!

Age 42,, ok ok I just hit 43 Damn!!

Married with children.. and loving every minute of it.

Vices. I'm addicited to Socom Navy Seal Online play. My clan is the "Point Blank Killas" or PBK look me up on the servers if you want me to snipe shoot ya! There's a reason they call Socom-Socrack! LOL

Occupation. I own a Audio and Video Installation Company. (AVC Inc.) New home and Commercial Wiring and Systems installations. "No I can't get you a deal on a new Plasma!" ... well actually I can, but shhhhh don't tell anyone.

Hobbies. I play a fairly good guitar, (been praciticing for 30 years and I think I might be getting Ok at it) LOL
Heavily into the Martial Arts, both Tae Kwon Do and Kung Fu. But I blew the left knee out at the State Finals here in MN back in 2003 so I mostly just teach MA now. Comic Books!! I love them!! Reading em, having em, holding em, hell! I even like the smell of those old musty ones!! you know the smell I'm talking about! Ya gotta love it!.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 03:38:00 am »
Wise Son
Real Name - James. Huge Milestone fan, and Wise Son is one of my favourite charactes because he starts off as a seemingly-iredeemable arsehole, and grows over the years into someone more mature, but still not the finished article.
Age - 27
Where - London, England
M Status - Single (calm down ladies!)
Vices - Comics (duh!), internet, cartoons.
Occupation - Office monkey
Food - Anything excpet mushrooms. Also recently recovered from an allergy to apples, so yay!
Music - Hip-hop, indie, pretty much anything else.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo