Author Topic: DJANGO UNCHAINED  (Read 53271 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
DJANGO UNCHAINED
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:27:30 am »
HOLLYWOOD REPORTER:

Quentin Tarantino Reveals 'Django Unchained' Synopsis
5:52 PM PDT 4/13/2012 by Todd Gilchrist

Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson star in the director's "Southern" about a slave who teams up with a bounty hunter to find his wife while tracking down a murderous pair of brothers.

Sony Pictures and the Weinstein Company released a synopsis Friday for Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained. The follow-up to Tarantino’s Inglorious Basterds, the film tells the story of a slave in the antebellum South who agrees to help a bounty hunter track down a violent pair of fugitives in exchange for help in finding his long-lost wife.

According to the press release, the plot is as follows:

Set in the South two years before the Civil War, Django Unchained stars Academy Award®-winner Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Academy Award®-winner Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles - dead or alive.
Success leads Schultz to free Django, though the two men choose not to go their separate ways.  Instead, Schultz seeks out the South's most wanted criminals with Django by his side.  Honing vital hunting skills, Django remains focused on one goal: finding and rescuing Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), the wife he lost to the slave trade long ago.   

Django andSchultz's search ultimately leads them to Calvin Candie (Academy Award®-nominee Leonardo DiCaprio), the proprietor of "Candyland," an infamous plantation where slaves are groomed by trainer Ace Woody (Kurt Russell) to battle each other for sport.  Exploring the compound under false pretenses, Django and Schultz arouse the suspicion of Stephen (Academy Award®-nominee Samuel L. Jackson), Candie's trusted house slave.  Their moves are marked, and a treacherous organization closes in on them.  If Django and Schultz are to escape with Broomhilda, they must choose between independence and solidarity, between sacrifice and survival...

Written and directed by Tarantino, Django Unchained will be released in the U.S. on December 25, 2012, and internationally by Sony Pictures. The film is produced by Stacey Sher, Reginald Hudlin and Pilar Savone.  The executive producers are Harvey and Bob Weinstein, Michael Shamberg, Shannon McIntosh and James Skotchdopole.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: DJANGO UNCHAINED
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 07:46:33 am »
coolness.. looking forward to the trailer and the film..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 08:38:37 am »
Artist Christopher Marc created a great looking fan art poster:

Here's the Official poster(I believe):

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:17 pm »
some photos and an article in the latest Entertainment Weekly (Avengers cover), also in the issue an interview with Kerry Washington (mostly about Scandal) that briefly mentions it..

Offline James72

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:03:01 pm »
It's on the radar!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 08:40:24 am »
The first set of prints for "DJANGO UNCHAINED" put together is rumored to be shown as a trailer before "Promethius" this Friday (June 8th) according to Indiewire.

Would You Like To Know More?
http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/e4f3a3f0-add4-11e1-bcc4-123138165f92

EDIT:

Wait a sec... I just saw this clip from Entertainment Tonight:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:17:01 pm by Battle »

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 04:56:34 pm »
Any chance this will pave the way to a live-action Catcher Freeman movie?  ;D Granddad's version, of course.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 07:19:25 pm »
Reggie, when should I, uh, I mean WE, Heffas prepare for our private screening of DJANGO UNCHAINED? 8)

I understand if you want to make the private screening NYC exclusive as that works for me as well!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 07:36:23 am »
Reggie, when should I, uh, I mean WE, Heffas prepare for our private screening of DJANGO UNCHAINED? 8)

I understand if you want to make the private screening NYC exclusive as that works for me as well!

We all know that ATLanta is a better choice for a premiere private screening.
:)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 10:02:21 am »

We all know that ATLanta is a better choice for a premiere private screening.
:)

Tyler Perry has exclusive rights to ATL premieres. You should know that.

DJANGO NYC!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 10:09:52 am »
DJANGO NYC makes for a great t-shirt.

I will ask for a meager 5% of shirt sales as a gesture of good will. 8)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 01:32:12 pm »
I'd love it if there were a special screening held in Det... never mind.. the shootout between knuckleheads who showed up wouldn't be worth it..  :-\

..there must be a wide opening for this film.. thousands of screens.. demand that your local theaters show this film..

..the international promotion should be aggressively pursued as well.. canada, south america, asia, europe, africa/middle-east..

..I hope some cool merchandise eventually comes out.. action figures, coffee mugs, t-shirts, beach towels, bedding sets..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:33:58 pm by Hypestyle »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 05:12:25 pm »
I had a great workout today!

No carbs for the next few months and I should be prepared for the sequel to DJANGO UNCHAINED

SON OF DJANGO!!!!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »
Y'know, the more I view the official trailer of ''Django'',  the more it looks like a road trip/buddy type of movie.

Offline jackson35

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 01:17:47 am »
seeing jamie fox in that green jacket reminded me of Micheal Landon as little joe in bonanza. as a matter of fact the few clips i've seen remind me of an episode that is similar to this movie.