Author Topic: DJANGO UNCHAINED  (Read 66771 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: DJANGO UNCHAINED
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2013, 06:28:49 am »
Hmm... I wonder are some action figures on the way?  That would be cool..  ake sure to include a couple special weapons for each.  Django can have a whip, a pistol and rifle.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:31:46 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2013, 12:20:54 pm »
Samuel L. Jackson dares interviewer to say the n-word -- VIDEO
http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/01/02/samuel-l-jackson-django-nword/

No one knows how to make white men squirm quite like Samuel L. Jackson.

A post on Reddit last night has unearthed a prime example. Two weeks ago, the Django Unchained cast sat down with Jake Hamilton, host of Houston’s Emmy-winning film show Jake’s Takes, at a press junket. Things went smoothly enough until Hamilton approached Jackson with a question about the movie’s controversial use of the “n-word.” Jackson insisted that Hamilton, who is white, say the word out loud; after Hamilton repeatedly refused, they moved on. It was uncomfortable.

“The most awkward moment was just seeing everyone in the room freeze, and waiting to see what my reaction was going to be,” Hamilton says today.

The internet reaction has been mixed. Many commenters claim that Hamilton should have simply said the word, while others applaud the reporter for not caving to Jackson’s demand. Hamilton says that his decision was in the best interest of the show and the network.

“Whatever the video’s doing today, making the rounds, it’s not as bad as it would be if I had actually said it,” he says. “The last thing that my affiliate needs is one of their reporters going around saying the n-word and broadcasting it everywhere.”

While it’d be easy to harbor some resentment for the provocation, Hamilton says that ultimately there’s no hard feelings between him and Jackson. “He doesn’t suffer any fools, and he’s the kind of guy I feel like I have to step up my game as a reporter,” he says. “I look forward to interviewing him again.”

Watch the video below — Jackson’s segment starts at 13:55:
!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:23 pm »
Samuel L. Jackson dares interviewer to say the n-word -- VIDEO
http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/01/02/samuel-l-jackson-django-nword/

No one knows how to make white men squirm quite like Samuel L. Jackson.

A post on Reddit last night has unearthed a prime example. Two weeks ago, the Django Unchained cast sat down with Jake Hamilton, host of Houston’s Emmy-winning film show Jake’s Takes, at a press junket. Things went smoothly enough until Hamilton approached Jackson with a question about the movie’s controversial use of the “n-word.” Jackson insisted that Hamilton, who is white, say the word out loud; after Hamilton repeatedly refused, they moved on. It was uncomfortable.

“The most awkward moment was just seeing everyone in the room freeze, and waiting to see what my reaction was going to be,” Hamilton says today.

The internet reaction has been mixed. Many commenters claim that Hamilton should have simply said the word, while others applaud the reporter for not caving to Jackson’s demand. Hamilton says that his decision was in the best interest of the show and the network.

“Whatever the video’s doing today, making the rounds, it’s not as bad as it would be if I had actually said it,” he says. “The last thing that my affiliate needs is one of their reporters going around saying the n-word and broadcasting it everywhere.”

While it’d be easy to harbor some resentment for the provocation, Hamilton says that ultimately there’s no hard feelings between him and Jackson. “He doesn’t suffer any fools, and he’s the kind of guy I feel like I have to step up my game as a reporter,” he says. “I look forward to interviewing him again.”

Watch the video below — Jackson’s segment starts at 13:55:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j3b2dH6n3Qg#!
Then dont have the balls to ask that type of question if you dont have the balls actually say it.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2013, 04:04:56 pm »
^
I think that's easier said than done. If the reporter didn't want to say it then he was right to refuse Jackson. If he had caved in, now he's on TV for all time, saying that word. It might hurt his career on down the road, first for saying the word and then for caving into an interviewee.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2013, 05:40:41 pm »
^
I think that's easier said than done. If the reporter didn't want to say it then he was right to refuse Jackson. If he had caved in, now he's on TV for all time, saying that word. It might hurt his career on down the road, first for saying the word and then for caving into an interviewee.

If he says the word then all we will read in headlines is that a TV host made a racist statement, without any background on why.  Sadly, that's how the internet seems to work.  He was smart to stick to his guns.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2013, 05:59:39 pm »
^
Then maybe just maybe one shouldn't be asking questions of controversy like this. Everyone knows that this word comes at a price. I am still trying to figure out is why that saying "nigger" throughout a film about slavery is a problem? Yes it is a word of hurt and suffering. You can tell Jackson was frustrated having to answer that question. He probably had to deal with that question more than once.

With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2013, 09:26:32 pm »
Yea, J-Man I can totally see it, that's the media. 

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2013, 03:28:26 pm »
^
Then maybe just maybe one shouldn't be asking questions of controversy like this. Everyone knows that this word comes at a price. I am still trying to figure out is why that saying "nigger" throughout a film about slavery is a problem? Yes it is a word of hurt and suffering. You can tell Jackson was frustrated having to answer that question. He probably had to deal with that question more than once.

From what I have read, most of the criticism regarding the n-word is not it's usage, but it's the excessive usage. Heck, Tarantino had to get just one more in there even after the credits rolled. Geez, there were other historically appropriate racial epithets besides the n-word and a couple others were actually used in the film, but Tarantino had to go n-word overboard. The subject matter, the overuse of the n-word, and past controversies regarding Tarantino and its usage were bound to make for a combustible mix. And the historical accuracy defense  for it's overuse is shaky when you consider that the idea of a freed black bounty hunter roaming the antebellum South is already historically inaccurate, as far as I know. We know that Mandingo fighting has not been historically proven and I recently learned that even dynamite was invented in the 1860s, after the film. So if Tarantino can play around with history on those matters, he didn't have used the n-word so much.

Jackson had to know going in that a film like this was going to controversial and that he would like get questions of this nature. The controversy is helping sell tickets and keeping people talking so he can relieve his frustration by buying a new house or something.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:30:15 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2013, 05:43:32 pm »
The "excessive usage" That's bullsh*t. Jeez I hate to go there but this "PC" thing that many have a tendency to whine about fits the bill here.

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
DJANGO UNCHAINED
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2013, 07:17:12 pm »
The Sam Jackson scene where he 'hugs' the Leonardo character will live forever more in infamy...such a valuable lesson.

But....Seeing Reggie's name in the opening credits was a personal thrill.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/us/a-soaring-homicide-rate-a-divide-in-chicago.html?pagewanted=2&_r=0&ref=us

They were talking about the Black on Black crime in the Ghettoes of Chicago...wondering just what is the root cause.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/us/a-soaring-homicide-rate-a-divide-in-chicago.html?pagewanted=2&_r=0&ref=us

The Sam Jackson scene where he 'hugs' the Leonardo character will live forever more in infamy...such a valuable lesson.

Daddy I want good hair

Nigger please.

Offline sherelled

• View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4555092605573&set=a.1551655401520.77168.1539197080&type=1&theater
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2013, 12:02:20 am »
I have one thing to say "Django has made an impact both positive and negative, the thing is Ya'll still talking about it" and that is the point.  :o

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2013, 06:47:33 am »
The "excessive usage" That's bullsh*t. Jeez I hate to go there but this "PC" thing that many have a tendency to whine about fits the bill here.

BOOM!

Who the hell are these niggaz sitting up in the cinema COUNTING n-words?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2013, 07:14:50 am »

BOOM!

Who the hell are these niggaz sitting up in the cinema COUNTING n-words?

The only scene that struck me as using the word excessivly (if I am even remembering it correctly) was the initial scene between Christopher Waltz and Don Johnson.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2013, 08:08:22 am »
I've been meaning to see this movie and I may have to make a call to boo to see if she is interested.  Cuz mang I mean one movie we should be pissed out is the "Nina" film where they are darkening the skin of Zoe and giving her a bigger nose.

Offline sherelled

• View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4555092605573&set=a.1551655401520.77168.1539197080&type=1&theater
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2013, 08:37:01 am »
 :o word count. The N-word ha ha ha