Author Topic: SCANDAL or VEEP?  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
SCANDAL or VEEP?
« on: April 29, 2012, 07:00:36 am »
SCANDAL

---or---

VEEP
Is this really a hard choice??
I know, I know, one is a drama and the other is a comedy but there are some striking resemblances between the two. SCANDAL sometimes appear as a comedy show when it is really a drama and VEEP sometimes appear as a drama when it is really a comedy.
Both television shows have a main female character in power positions, sometimes in politics, sometimes between thier peers but which TV show is more preferable?

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
Re: SCANDAL or VEEP?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:48:21 am »
Scandal, I like the backstory.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 09:00:41 am »
It's a hard choice because I like both shows but If I had to choose between the two, unfortunately I'd have to go with VEEP.

Hey, check out the official Vice President of the United States, Selina Meyer website:

http://www.selina-meyer-veep.com/

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:04:20 pm »
Hey, check it out! :)

Julia Louis-Dreyfus participated in a live chat on HBO/connect today and visitors were invited to ask questions about the show or anything else that was on thier minds. JLD graciously answered my question about her latest show on HBO, Veep.
*sigh*
Q.
"I love the intro to the show! It shows a lot of backstory of the VPs campaign in 5 seconds... Will there ever be any flashbacks as to why the campaign went so far south?"

A.
"In the first and second episodes we allude to two different moments that went wrong.  One was that she was wearing a hat, there was something wrong with the hat. The other was that she was eating a corn dog in a way that was not flattering.  There's a lot to be told of her history.  Stay tuned."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 04:10:40 pm »
I enjoy VEEP, but SCANDAL is HOT!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 08:23:57 pm »
"Crash And Burn"
I think I know who the [paraphrasing]"...pitbull that has been set loose" that killed Amanda Tanner is. Pitbull and lipstick is the clue.

It's ironic that the actress who played Senator Barbera Hallowes in the first episode of VEEP happens to be in this episode of SCANDAL. :D

I thought Columbus Short's character was the muscle on the team but EmperorJones easily corrected that by dubbing him the rock.  It's actually Huck that's the muscle! :D

SCANDAL is getting better and better!   :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:06:56 pm by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 12:20:09 pm »
Hey, I got lucky again! :)

Tony Hale participated in a live chat on HBO/connect today and visitors were again invited to ask questions about the show or anything else that was on thier minds.  Mr. Hale was gracious enough to answer my question about the hit comedy show on HBO, Veep.
"Just me & my trusty Leviathan."
Q.
"Hello Mr. Hale: How are you? I hope my message reaches you well... Will there ever be an episode where Gary and Jonah hang out and get to know each other better? They have a lot in common, y'know..."

A.
"If Jonah and Gary ever grabbed a beer...I think Gary would leave feeling dirty."