Author Topic: Will Black Voters Punish Obama for His Support of Gay Rights?  (Read 9085 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Will Black Voters Punish Obama for His Support of Gay Rights?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 10:11:40 am »
First of all, it is a matter of debate if the President 'intends to do the right thing,' especially how I would view it. Also if you have seen any of my exchanges with Michael in various forums we generally don't agree on much, so I think it is disingenuous to lump us together.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 11:16:37 am »
First of all, it is a matter of debate if the President 'intends to do the right thing,' especially how I would view it. Also if you have seen any of my exchanges with Michael in various forums we generally don't agree on much, so I think it is disingenuous to lump us together.

It's no longer a debate if you 'disagree' with everything the president stands for.

The discussion becomes routine.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2012, 07:03:30 pm »
Who said I disagreed with everything the president stands for, or claims to? For me it's not an issue of opposing the president from an ideological perspective. He says a lot of nice things, but where I am skeptical is how he has governed. So the talking part is mostly good for me, but it's the doing where I have issues with his administration.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2012, 08:25:36 pm »
Who said I disagreed with everything the president stands for, or claims to? For me it's not an issue of opposing the president from an ideological perspective. He says a lot of nice things, but where I am skeptical is how he has governed. So the talking part is mostly good for me, but it's the doing where I have issues with his administration.
very fair assessment. I have a slight no scratch that issue with the abandonment of the Space Shuttle program
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2012, 08:29:07 pm »
very fair assessment. I have a slight no scratch that issue with the abandonment of the Space Shuttle program

NASA is not abandoned, just being restructured...   for now.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2012, 08:42:46 pm »

NASA is not abandoned, just being restructured...   for now.
I never said NASA as a whole. I was just bringing up one part of it. Like constellation for example

If you dont know it ended on 2011 so the "private sector" can do it instead
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2012, 08:48:17 pm »
I never said NASA as a whole. I was just bringing up one part of it. Like constellation for example

Yes, I'm aware of this.
In fact, there was a successful launch from an independant rocket a few days ago, headed for the space station.  I haven't been keeping tabs on it closely because I'm busy with other stuff but I'll be looking out for any news when it docks.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2012, 01:25:14 pm »

Yes, I'm aware of this.
In fact, there was a successful launch from an independant rocket a few days ago, headed for the space station.  I haven't been keeping tabs on it closely because I'm busy with other stuff but I'll be looking out for any news when it docks.

Check out the Traveling Space Museum:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Traveling-Space-Museum-Inc/384133601598542
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2012, 08:25:17 am »
Thank You, Ms. Wandi! :)
Here's a shot of Space X (Space Exploration Technologies, Inc.), Dragon, an unmanned space capsule ready to make a splashdown from the ISS (International Space Station) any minute today.