Author Topic: Brain Matter  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
Brain Matter
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:58:49 pm »
Hey fellow HEFers. Today, my first indy comic title has gone up for sale. It is a four issue zombie mini-series. I know, zombies are kinda played out, but I figured it would probably be the easiest comic to put out by myself, since I am currently a one man team (meaning that I penciled, inked and toned it ALL by myself...). The story takes place in a imagined version of Wilmington North Carolina, which over the years earned the nickname the Port City. The main two characters are present below on the cover, Caleb Moore; an US Army soldier and Elizabeth Santiago; a city police officer. Anyways, here is the cover to issue 1.

And here is the link to where it is hosted at on Indy Planet where the book can be purchased at. The book is $2.50, i kinda went to great lengths to make the book cheap for anyone who wouldn't mind forking over a mere $2.50 (and whatever for shipping, it aint much!)

http://indyplanet.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=7131

Here are three preview pages from the book.

Issues 2 and 3 are already penciled/ink and I am currently finishing up the tones for issue 2. Hoping to have it turned around real soon for posting as well. Help a fellow brother out and buy a copy (or two) and if you can't, forward the link on to someone who you think it may be interested in zombies.

Later HEFers!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:23:00 am by BLANKS!!! »

Offline Silver Zeal

• View Profile
Re: Brain Matter
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 07:02:32 am »
Whoa...dats pretty kool.

Will chek it out.

Offline Kristopher

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:03:37 pm »
Looks good!!!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 06:35:27 pm »
Congrats!  Thanks for showing it off at HEF!

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 04:35:10 am »
Oh hey, thanks for the love HEFfam! I will post more in this thread when the second issue comes out!

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 05:07:17 am »
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 04:50:18 pm »
Hey Heffers! Just wanted to update this page and let everyone know that the second issue to my zombie comic is out! Actually it was released on the day of the election... but I kept it quiet for a week, lol!  Here is the cover and two sample pages from its interiors!

As always, written, penciled, inked and toned by your fellow Heffer! Spread the word to your zombie fanatic friends!

I've done pretty well, selling it locally in NC. Sold over 200 issues at a local comic shop at three different events; one being a Zombie event, plus a bit online for just the first issue. Within just the past two weeks, I've sold 30 copies of issue 2. The biggest trill for me was last week, the comic shop owner had me autograph six issues that an individual bought (and left for me to sign) works for Screen Gems movie studios.  ;D  Not hoping for much as of the moment, but if I can get noticed by ANYONE, I'll take it.

http://indyplanet.com/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=7373