A Great Day In Beverly Hillsâ€¦And I Was There!
Oscars: 34 Legendary Producers Gather for THR’s Once-in-a-Lifetime Class Photo
by Stacey Wilson, Scott Feinberg, Carrie Smith, The Hollywood Reporter
Winners and nominees — past and present — assembled at the Beverly Hills home of Robert Evans on Feb. 19 for The Hollywood Reporter’s exclusive photo shoot.
This story first appeared in the March 7 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
THR deputy photo editor Carrie Smith, senior editor Stacey Wilson and awards analyst Scott Feinberg managed to convince 34 Oscar-winning and -nominated producers of 48 movies to assemble at Evans’ Woodland estate in Beverly Hills. "We decided to aim big and gather a cross-section of generations," says Feinberg.
Quincy Jones (The Color Purple) arrived fashionably late to a hero’s welcome; Gibson wore the same shirt as Jon Landau (Titanic), who quipped, "Did you bring another shirt?" The shoot also reunited Fred Roos (The Godfather Part II) and Michael Phillips (The Sting) after 40 years.
"Knowing that we were among some of the greatest personalities in the history of cinema was amazing," says Wilson.
Academy Award-winning and nominated producers of 48 films in the running for best picture gathered at the Beverly Hills home of Robert Evans for a class photo. Click the photo to take a look inside the once-in-a-lifetime moments.
Who’s Who and Their Oscar History
- Jon Landau, Winner, Titanic (1998); nominee, Avatar (2010)
- Robbie Brenner, Nominee, Dallas Buyers Club (2014)
- Ron Yerxa, Nominee, Nebraska (2014)
- Jonathan Gordon, Nominee, Silver Linings Playbook (2013), American Hustle (2014)
- Nicolas Chartier, Winner, The Hurt Locker (2010)
- Donna Gigliotti, Winner, Shakespeare in Love (1999); nominee, The Reader (2009), Silver Linings Playbook (2013)
- Richard Suckle, Nominee, American Hustle (2014)
- Bill Pohlad, Nominee, The Tree of Life (2012)
- Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Nominee, The Wolf of Wall Street (2014)
- Michael Phillips, Winner, The Sting (1974); nominee, Taxi Driver (1977)
- Frank Marshall, Nominee, Raiders of the Lost Ark (1982), The Color Purple (1986), The Sixth Sense (2000), Seabiscuit (2004), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2009)
- Irwin Winkler, Winner, Rocky (1977); nominee, Raging Bull (1981), The Right Stuff (1984),Goodfellas (1991)
- Stanley R. Jaffe, Winner, Kramer vs. Kramer (1980); nominee, Fatal Attraction (1988)
- Mike Medavoy, Nominee, Black Swan (2011)
- Rachel Winter, Nominee, Dallas Buyers Club (2014)
- Arnold Kopelson, Winner, Platoon (1987); nominee, The Fugitive (1994)
- Jason Reitman, Nominee, Up in the Air (2010)
- Stacey Sher, Nominee, Erin Brockovich (2001), Django Unchained (2013)
- Ivan Reitman, Nominee, Up in the Air (2010)
- Dan Jinks, Winner, American Beauty (2000); nominee, Milk (2009)
- Reginald Hudlin, Nominee, Django Unchained (2013)
- Mark Johnson, Winner, Rain Man (1989); nominee, Bugsy (1992)
- Mel Gibson, Winner, Braveheart (1996)
- Brian Grazer, Winner, A Beautiful Mind (2002); nominee, Apollo 13 (1996), Frost/Nixon (2009)
- Sherry Lansing, Nominee, Fatal Attraction (1988)
- Albert Berger, Nominee, Nebraska (2014)
- Alan Ladd Jr., Winner, Braveheart (1996)
- Robert Evans, Nominee, Chinatown (1975)
- Albert S. Ruddy, Winner, The Godfather (1973), Million Dollar Baby (2005)
- Fred Roos, Winner, The Godfather, Part II (1975); nominee, The Conversation (1975), Apocalypse Now (1980)
- Walter Mirisch, Winner, In the Heat of the Night (1968)
- Lawrence Bender, Nominee, Pulp Fiction (1995), Good Will Hunting (1998), Inglourious Basterds (2010)
- Diana Ossana, Nominee, Brokeback Mountain (2006)
- Quincy Jones, Nominee, The Color Purple (1986)